In these tutorials I attempt to make retopology as simple and methodical as possible.
While there’s not really a one solution fits all, the head topology I describe is suitable for many cases and is derived from topology used by characters of Pixar and Disney.
It’s also simple to tweak to your needs since the edge-flow is carefully planned out with this in mind.
You can also learn how to retopologise the rest of the body here.
The topics I cover are:
Part 1 – Retopology Concepts
Part 2 – Retopology in 3D Coat
The Bonus Package includes the following additional material:
- Detailed 36 page step-by-step illustrated guide
- A4 printable reference sheet of the topology from different angles
- Video turntable of the topology
- Dynameshed head (for practice) and retopologized head (for reference or base mesh)
- Video tutorial outlining a couple tips on reducing edgeflow